What is the recommended car insurance coverage in washington state?

Your car insurance will generally cover you if you drive to Canada, but check with your insurance agent before you make the trip. Read on to learn the details of Washington's auto insurance rules, how coverage is likely to affect a car accident case, and the types of penalties you can expect if you drive uninsured in the state of Washington. An auto insurance policy typically has several types of protections or “coverages,” some mandatory and others optional. You can (and in some situations should) have more coverage to protect yourself if a serious accident causes injuries or significant damage to the vehicle.

These are two different ways in which this standard rear-end accident could be a big problem for you if you only have the minimum Washington state car insurance policy. Washington, like most states, requires vehicle owners and drivers to maintain certain types and amounts of insurance coverage, or to otherwise demonstrate financial responsibility for a potential car accident. Washington state law requires that all drivers of cars and motorcycles have liability insurance and proof of auto insurance. Among other things, PIP pays for the treatment of injuries to the driver and others who ride in the car after an accident.

When buying car insurance in the state of Washington, your agent or broker must offer you the following two types of coverage. If you pay the towing company at the time of service, your insurer will reimburse you once it processes your claim. Washington drivers choose Progressive to drive through the rugged terrain or urban highways of Evergreen State. For more information about this special type of insurance, contact your local Licensing Department office.

For example, collision coverage (optional in Washington, although it may be required under the terms of a vehicle lease or financing agreement) can pay for repairs (or replacement) of the damaged vehicle after a car accident. This will reimburse you for losses due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another car or object. This means that the person who was at fault for causing the car accident is also responsible for any resulting damage (from a practical point of view, the at-fault driver's insurance company will absorb these losses, up to the limits of the policy). This coverage helps pay for damage caused to another vehicle or property destroyed in an accident.